Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Getting Started

Welcome to my blog.

First things first, I don't claim to be the biggest, or strongest, the purpose of this blog is to document my progress, and share some of the odd things I'm doing for weightloss and strength gains that could potentially be beneficial to other people trying to lose weight, or get stronger.

Second things second, here are some questions you might have about this blog, and my answers.

What's different about me? I don't follow the same routines most people do for fitness. I don't count calories, and I don't count macros, and I've had great success losing weight and gaining muscle. My philosophy is based off of strength training being the cornerstone to weight loss and fitness; basically, I believe heavy weightlifting should be a higher priority than a strict diet for fat loss. The reason I think this way is because of my experience. I know from the past -and I still do this from time to time- that I can eat garbage, but still lose weight if I hit the gym hard that day.

Why should you listen to me? My track record. In 2011 I weighed 250lbs, I could bench press 155, and deadlift 215, and at that point I never really did squats. Now I weigh 205lbs, I can bench press 235, Deadlift 405, and Squat 385. I know that's not a lot of progress to make over almost 3 years, but keep in mind I really didn't know what the hell I was doing until late 2012, early 2013.

I'll be updating this blog multiple times a week, talking about my current fitness goals and my progress towards them, as well as odd subjects like losing weight while eating a bunch of icecream.

1 comment: